A Unique Twist on Classic Chicken with Falafel Crust
Welcome to my kitchen, where every dish tells a story! Today, I’m excited to share my recipe for Falafel Crusted Chicken. Trust me when I say this is not your average chicken recipe. It’s crispy, flavorful, and perfect for any dinner occasion.
If you love the bold flavors of falafel, then you’ll adore this recipe. Not only is it packed with protein from the boneless skinless chicken breasts, but it’s also coated in a crispy falafel crust that will leave your taste buds feeling satisfied.
My family and I absolutely adore this dish and I’m sure that it will quickly become one of your favorites too. Plus, with just 4 ingredients, it’s incredibly easy to make yet has a gourmet feel that will impress any dinner guests.
So let’s get cooking! Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and let’s dive into how to make this delicious falafel crusted chicken recipe.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
When it comes to food, everyone has their own preferences and tastes. However, if you are looking for a dish that is both delicious and healthy, the Falafel Crusted Chicken Recipe is definitely worth your attention.
Firstly, the combination of falafel mix and chicken creates a unique blend of flavors that are sure to delight your taste buds. Crispy falafel crust mixed with juicy chicken is a match made in heaven. It’s a perfect marriage of texture and flavor that can elevate any meal.
Additionally, this recipe doesn’t require many ingredients and it’s super easy to make. With just four simple ingredients, you can achieve an incredibly crispy and flavorful chicken dish without even frying it. You only need boneless skinless chicken breasts, falafel mix, olive oil, water and salt and pepper for seasoning to prepare this dish.
Moreover, this recipe is versatile enough to allow for substitutions and variations. For example, you can use chicken drumettes instead of breasts or even add shrimp and onion rings on the side for a more casual dinner. You can also use it as a base for different recipes such as falafel crusted shrimp or as a topping for a fresh falafel salad – the possibilities are endless!
In conclusion, this recipe is easy to make, nutritious and has a unique blend of flavor that will tantalize your taste buds. With its versatility and adaptability to diverse tastes, there’s no question why you’ll love this recipe. Don’t hesitate to try it out and see for yourself!
Here’s what you’ll need to make Falafel Crusted Chicken recipe:
- Olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1/4 cup of water
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package of falafel mix
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
For Chicken Hummus Slaw:
- 2 cups of store-bought hummus
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 3 cups of coleslaw mix
For Chicken Tahini Sauce:
- 1/4 cup tahini sauce
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
For Crusted Chicken Drumettes Recipe:
- 16 chicken drumettes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
The Recipe How-To
Now let’s get to the exciting part: making the falafel crusted chicken itself! Here’s a step-by-step recipe guide you can follow:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 package of falafel mix
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Salt and pepper, for taste
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C) and set a rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Coat the rack with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken breasts in olive oil until nicely coated.
- In another large bowl, add the falafel mix and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken into the falafel bowl, add some water, and mix until the chicken is well-coated.
- Arrange the chicken breasts onto the prepared rack and bake for 20-25 minutes or until it has an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Once cooked through and golden brown, remove from oven and let it rest for five minutes before serving.
- For a low-fat version of this recipe, try air frying instead of baking.
- If you’re in the mood for something different, try using boneless chicken drumettes or making falafel-crusted chicken strips.
- For extra flavor, dip your falafel crusted chicken into some tahini sauce or serve with a side of hummus slaw.
Follow this simple recipe guide to make your own falafel crusted chicken that promises to be a hit at your dinner table!
Substitutions and Variations
As much as I love this falafel crusted chicken recipe, I understand that you may want to switch things up from time to time. Here are some of my favorite substitutions and variations that you can try out:
1. Shrimp instead of Chicken – For a seafood twist on this recipe, you can try using large shrimp instead of chicken breasts. Follow the recipe instructions as written, but decrease the cooking time to 10-12 minutes.
2. Onion Rings – If you’re looking for a vegetarian option, onion rings are an excellent substitute for the chicken in this recipe. Simply toss them in the falafel mix and follow the cooking instructions.
3. Chicken Cutlet Eggplant Parmesan Style – Another great variation is to take a chicken cutlet and dip it into an egg mixture before coating it with the falafel mix and breadcrumbs. Fry in a shallow dish until golden brown and crispy.
4. Falafel Salad – To create a lighter version of this dish, make a salad with falafel balls, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, hummus and tahini sauce.
5. Trader Joe’s Falafel Mix Hack Schnitzel Recipe – Swap out the standard falafel mix with Trader Joe’s Falafel Mix for a tangier taste. Combine 1/2 cup bread crumbs with 1/2 cup falafel mix in a shallow dish and dredge chicken or chicken cutlets as usual.
No matter which substitution or variation you choose, remember that the key is to get creative and have fun experimenting!
Serving and Pairing
When it comes to serving and pairing this Falafel Crusted Chicken recipe, there are many delicious options to choose from that will truly elevate your meal.
First of all, I recommend serving the crusted chicken alongside some creamy and tangy chicken hummus slaw. The slaw is a perfect complement to the crispy texture of the falafel crust, and it adds a vibrant pop of color and freshness to the dish. You can also drizzle some tahini sauce over the chicken for more depth of flavor.
For a complete meal with a well-rounded variety of nutrients, you can add some roasted veggies like carrots, zucchini or bell peppers as a side dish. Another great option is to serve this crusted chicken along with a light salad tossed in olive oil and lemon dressing.
If you’re feeling adventurous, try out my Trader Joe’s hack falafel schnitzel recipe as a side dish, which is just as crispy and delicious as traditional falafels but without the frying. You can also pair this crusted chicken dish with some onion rings or shrimp as appetizers.
Overall, with endless options to choose from, finding the right serving and pairing for this Falafel Crusted Chicken recipe won’t be difficult even for beginners in cooking. The bold and airy nature of falafel mix will make sure no seasoning takes away the crispiness taste of this mouth-watering crusted chicken.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Preparing food in advance is one of my favorite kitchen tricks, and this recipe lends itself very well to making ahead. You can absolutely crumb the chicken ahead of time and store it in the fridge for later use. Before baking or air-frying, simply bring it back to room temperature and continue with step 5 of the recipe.
Storing leftovers properly is key to enjoying them the next day. To store leftovers, let them cool down first before transferring them to an airtight container or a resealable bag. Leftovers can last up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
When reheating leftovers, using a microwave is quick and convenient but may result in soggy chicken. If possible, I recommend reheating your leftover chicken in the oven or an air fryer to keep the crispiness intact. Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C), place the chicken on a baking sheet, and warm it up for around 10 minutes or until heated through.
You can also repurpose the leftovers into new dishes! Transform them into chicken salad by cutting them into bite-sized pieces and mixing them with some hummus slaw. Or chop the chicken up and mix it with lettuce leaves, tomato slices, onion rings, and some tahini dressing to make a delicious falafel salad.
Remember: Don’t waste perfectly good food by throwing out your leftovers! There are so many creative ways to repurpose them into brand new dishes that everyone will love.
Tips for Perfect Results
When it comes to making falafel crusted chicken, getting the crust just right is essential for a flavor-packed and satisfying meal. Here are some tips to guarantee perfect results every time:
1. Don’t skimp on the Falafel Mix
Your falafel crust is where all the flavor and crunch comes from, so make sure you use enough of it! Be generous when coating your chicken, adding extra mix if needed.
2. Use a wire rack on the baking sheet
Using a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet allows air to circulate evenly around the chicken while it cooks, resulting in crispy and evenly cooked crust.
3. Preheat your oven
Make sure your oven is fully preheated to 425 degrees Fahrenheit before you begin cooking. This ensures that your chicken cooks through evenly and that you get that nice golden brown color.
4. Go easy on the Olive Oil
While olive oil is a great way to add flavor and moisture to your chicken, make sure not to overdo it as too much can cause soggy crust. Use an olive oil flavored cooking spray to lightly coat the chicken instead of drenching it in oil.
5. Rest Your Chicken Before Cutting It
Letting your falafel crusted chicken rest for a few minutes after taking it out of the oven will keep the juices sealed inside, resulting in more tender meat when you eventually cut into it.
By following these tips, your falafel crusted chicken will turn out perfectly every time – crispy, flavorful and bursting with texture!
this falafel crusted chicken recipe, I can assure you that this dish will be a hit at any dinner table. The combination of crispy falafel and tender chicken is simply unbeatable. Whether you’re looking for a quick weeknight dinner or an impressive dish to serve your guests, this recipe has got you covered.
With simple ingredients and easy steps, anyone can make this recipe at home. Plus, there are endless ways to customize it to fit your taste preferences. You can serve it with hummus slaw, tahini sauce, or even chicken drumettes using the same crusting method.
So why not give this falafel crusted chicken recipe a try? You won’t be disappointed! Impress your loved ones with pure deliciousness and enjoy its irresistible flavors. Trust me when I say, it’s a chicken dinner that will blow your mind.
Falafel Crusted Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups falafel mix
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Set out two bowls. Place 1 c falafel mix into a ziplock bag and 2c into a bowl. Add 2 1/2 c of water to bowl of falafel mix and stir until fully combined. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pound each breast thin and slice into strips.
- Put the strips into the ziplock bag with the falafel mix and shake until completely coated.
- Once the wet batter is a slightly liquid consistency and spreadable (if it is too thick add a little water 1 T at a time), take each chicken strip out of the bag shake off the excess powder and dip into the batter. Then place on a cookie sheet sprayed with olive oil.
- Once all the chicken strips are in a single layer on the cookie sheet, lightly spray the tops of the chicken strips with olive oil.
- Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes or until cooked throughout and the edges are crispy.