Looking for a healthy and delicious snack? Look no further than this easy dill hummus recipe. Made with fresh ingredients like dill weed, garlic cloves, tahini, lemon juice, and chickpeas, this hummus packs a powerful flavor that is hard to resist.
As an Israeli chef, I specialize in creating dishes that are both flavorful and healthy. This hummus recipe is a perfect example of that philosophy. It’s made with simple ingredients that can easily be found at your local grocery store or market. Whether you’re looking for a healthy snack to eat at home or at a party, this recipe is sure to impress.
One of the things I love most about this recipe is how adaptable it is. You can easily make substitutions or variations based on your personal tastes or dietary restrictions. And if you’re looking for ideas on how to serve it, I’ve got plenty of suggestions for you too.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started on making some delicious and nutritious hummus together!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you in the mood for an easy and delicious snack that is also healthy? Look no further! I present to you the Lemon Dill Hummus recipe, inspired by my love for Mediterranean cuisine. This recipe is made with simple ingredients that you probably have in your pantry already, such as chickpeas, garlic cloves, tahini, lemon juice, dill weed, and olive oil.
What sets this hummus recipe apart from others is the dill weed and lemon juice combination that gives it a refreshing tangy flavor. The hummus can be served as a dip or spread and pairs well with pita chips or vegetables. It’s perfect for bringing to parties or enjoying at home as a snack.
Moreover, this Dill Hummus recipe is not only tasty but also packed with nutrients. Chickpeas are an excellent source of plant-based protein and fiber while also being low in fat. Tahini is rich in healthy fats and minerals like iron and calcium, which are essential for maintaining a healthy body.
Lastly, this recipe requires minimal effort to make. All you need to do is toss the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. It’s that simple! Plus, if you have leftovers, this hummus can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
In conclusion, this Lemon Dill Hummus recipe will satisfy your cravings while providing numerous health benefits. Its tasty flavor and easy preparation make it a staple snack for any occasion. Try it out and see how it becomes your new favorite dip!
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp fresh dill weed, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 tbsp tahini
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp pickle juice
- 2 cans (15 oz each) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 4 tbsp fresh dill weed, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp pickle juice
- 3 cans (15 oz each) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 6 tbsp fresh dill weed, chopped
- 9 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ cup tahini
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 tbsp pickle juice
– Salt to taste.
Note: Use gluten-free tahini for a gluten-free option. You can also try using oil-free hummus by omitting the olive oil.
The Recipe How-To
Here is the recipe how-to for my Easy Dill Hummus Recipe that will take you only 10 minutes to prepare. Once you have gathered all the ingredients, you’re ready to go!
- 1 (15 oz) can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ¼ cup fresh dill weed
- 1-4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-4 cup pickle juice (optional)
- Salt to taste
- In a food processor, add the chickpeas and blend until they become a grainy paste.
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, tahini, dill weed, salt and optional pickle juice into the food processor.
- Turn on the food processor and slowly add in the olive oil until well blended.
- Check the consistency of your hummus; if it’s too thick or clumpy, add a bit more olive oil or water until you achieve your desired texture.
That’s it! Your homemade hummus is now ready to be enjoyed with some carrots, celery, or pita bread!
Substitutions and Variations
Variety is the spice of life and when it comes to making delicious hummus, there is no shortage of options to make it uniquely yours. Below are some ideas for substitutions and variations that you can use to give your dill hummus a new twist.
– Garlic: If you’re not a fan of garlic or just want a milder flavor, you can reduce the amount of garlic in the recipe or even omit it altogether. You can also experiment with other flavors, such as roasted garlic, smoked garlic, or shallots.
– Dill weed: Dill is the star ingredient of this recipe, but if you prefer a different herb, such as parsley, cilantro or basil, feel free to use it! You can also mix different herbs for a more complex flavor.
– Tahini: Tahini is a key ingredient in making hummus and gives it that delicious nutty flavor. But some folks may not like its bitter taste. If this is your case, try substituting tahini with peanut butter or almond butter for an entirely new experience.
– Pickle juice: The pickle juice gives this dill hummus recipe an extra zingy kick but if you don’t have it on hand or simply don’t like pickles, you can swap it out for other tangy ingredients like apple cider vinegar, white wine vinegar or lemon juice.
– Oil-Free: If you’re trying to keep your diet oil-free, you can still make homemade hummus by replacing the olive oil with water, vegetable broth or even yogurt.
– Spicy Hummus: For those who love heat, add a pinch of cayenne pepper or a small amount of hot sauce for some extra kick. Alternatively, you might try using jalapeños or hot peppers for an even bolder flavor.
By adapting these substitute ingredients in accordance with your tastes and preferences, there are virtually limitless ways to reinvent and redefine the traditional dill hummus recipe which encourages inspiring creativity in the kitchen!
Serving and Pairing
Now that you’ve got that delicious dill hummus ready, it’s time to serve it up and pair it with the perfect accompaniments.
For an easy and classic serving option, slice up some fresh veggies like carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, and cherry tomatoes for a colorful and healthy snack. You can also lay out some pita chips or sliced baguette for some added crunch.
If you’re looking to take your hummus game to the next level, try pairing this lemon-dill hummus with some Mediterranean-inspired dishes. Serve alongside grilled chicken kebabs or add a dollop on your favorite wrap or sandwich. The hummus also makes for a great dip for falafel.
For a unique pairing, go bold and serve it with some spicy hot wings or alongside savory roasted lamb chops. The creamy nature of the hummus is the perfect contrast to the spiciness and heartiness of these dishes.
Don’t be afraid to get creative – the possibilities are endless! This dill hummus is versatile enough to match with any of your favorite dishes. So let your taste buds take the lead and experiment until you find the perfect combination.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
As an Israeli chef, I know that making homemade hummus is always a good idea. And the best part? You can make this lemon dill hummus in advance to save time and hassle!
To Make-Ahead: Allow the hummus to cool completely before storing it in a tightly sealed container. It will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
To Reheat: The best way to reheat the hummus is to use the microwave or stovetop. Simply heat it up for a few seconds at a time or place it in a small pot over low heat until it’s warmed through. Be sure to give it a good stir, as the ingredients may separate during reheating.
To Store: If you’re planning on keeping your lemon dill hummus for longer than 5 days, freeze it! Transfer it to a freezer-safe container and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy it, simply thaw it overnight in the refrigerator and give it a good stir before serving.
This easy hummus recipe is perfect for meal prep or as a quick snack anytime during the week. So go ahead and make a big batch – your future self will thank you!
Tips for Perfect Results
Making perfect hummus can be a bit of a challenge, but with the right tips and techniques, you can create a delicious lemon dill hummus that is sure to wow your taste buds. Here are some of my top tips for achieving perfect hummus every time:
1. Use high-quality ingredients.
Using fresh, high-quality ingredients like chickpeas, dill weed, garlic cloves, tahini, extra virgin olive oil, and lemon juice will make all the difference in the final product. Make sure to use fresh lemon juice and not bottled for best results.
2. Cook the chickpeas properly.
When cooking your chickpeas, adding baking soda to the cooking water can help to soften them and make them easier to blend to a smooth consistency. Be sure to rinse the cooked chickpeas thoroughly before using them in your recipe.
3. Use pickle juice for added flavor.
Adding a bit of dill pickle juice to your hummus can give it a tangy kick that is sure to impress. Just be careful not to overdo it – a little goes a long way!
4. Blend well in a food processor.
To achieve that creamy, smooth texture that hummus is known for, you need to blend it well in your food processor. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary to make sure everything gets evenly mixed.
5. Adjust seasonings as needed.
Taste test your hummus frequently throughout the process and adjust seasonings as necessary. A little extra salt or lemon juice can make all the difference in achieving that perfectly balanced flavor.
By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to creating a delicious homemade lemon dill hummus that is sure to impress!
As you get to know the recipe, you might have some questions about the process, the ingredients, and its outcome. To make sure that you will have a fuss-free experience making this easy dill hummus, I’ve put together some frequently asked questions and their answers. Read on for some helpful tips and troubleshooting suggestions!
What is the secret to smooth hummus?
For a smoother texture, it’s recommended to purée chickpeas while they’re hot. One way to make them easier to blend is by adding baking soda to the water when overcooking them. This technique eliminates the need for a food processor and allows for a much smoother consistency when using a blender.
What spices to add to hummus for more flavor?
When it comes to grocery store hummus, you might find that it’s lacking in that signature flavor you crave. But fear not, there’s a simple solution! All you need to do is add a pinch of salt, a splash of lemon juice, and a sprinkle of cumin, paprika, and cayenne to taste. Don’t go all in at once, it’s best to start slowly and adjust as needed until you find the perfect blend of seasoning.
Why doesn’t my homemade hummus taste good?
Adding just the right amount of salt can take your hummus from bland to delicious. Conversely, if your hummus is too salty, don’t worry! A quick fix is to whip up an additional unsalted batch and blend the two together, ensuring your hummus is perfectly seasoned.
Why does hummus need lemon juice?
When crafting the perfect hummus recipe, one must strike a delicate balance between tartness and pungent flavors. This can be achieved through the clever use of ingredients such as lemon juice and garlic, which complement each other beautifully. While the recipe requires only five ingredients, the addition of spices like sumac, cumin and smoked paprika can elevate the flavors even further. And, for those with a sweet tooth, there’s always the option of exploring unique recipes such as chocolate hummus.
In conclusion, this easy dill hummus recipe is one that everyone just has to try. With its fresh and tangy flavors, it’s bound to become a crowd-pleaser at any gathering. Whether enjoyed as a dip or spread, it’s versatile enough to satisfy any craving for something wholesome and delicious.
This recipe is packed full of nutritious ingredients like chickpeas (garbanzo beans), garlic, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, and dill weed. You can be sure that every bite is not only tasty but also healthful. Additionally, it’s vegan and gluten-free, making it a perfect option for anyone with specific dietary requirements.
With the detailed instructions provided in this article, even novice cooks will have no trouble whipping up this homemade hummus in no time. The beauty of this recipe lies in its simplicity; it only requires a few basic ingredients and takes under 10 minutes to prepare in a food processor.
In summary, if you’re looking for an easy hummus recipe that’s not only delicious but also healthy and vegan-friendly, I highly recommend this lemon dill hummus recipe. Serve it with pita bread, veggies, or use it as a sandwich spread – the possibilities are endless! So go ahead and give it a try today.
Easy Dill Hummus Recipe
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup pickle juice (dill)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine ingredients in food processor. I find that if you put the liquid ingredients in first, it blends better.
- Blend until well combined and creamy.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow flavors to develop.