Bold and Flavorful: Spicy Grilled Shrimp Recipe
Picture this: it’s game day or movie night and you’re craving something smoky, spicy and satisfying. Enter my Smoky Chipotle Hummus Recipe. Whether you’re looking for a healthy snack, a party dip or a flavorful sandwich spread, this recipe has got you covered.
What sets my hummus recipe apart is the combination of smoky chipotle peppers in adobo sauce with creamy tahini sesame seed paste, fresh lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil. These bold flavors blend together beautifully to create a rich and complex taste profile that will satisfy your taste buds.
Not only is this hummus recipe delicious, but it’s also incredibly easy to make with just seven simple ingredients. All you need is a food processor to blend together the canned chickpeas, garlic cloves, tahini paste, lemon juice, olive oil, ground cumin, salt and fresh ground black pepper.
Once everything is smooth and creamy, simply add in the chopped cilantro and sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil for an added burst of flavor. And of course, don’t forget the star ingredient: finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce to give the hummus that signature smoky kick.
This Smoky Chipotle Hummus Recipe is not only tasty but also healthy. Chickpeas are packed with protein and fiber while the tahini sesame seed paste provides healthy fats. Plus, it’s vegan and gluten-free so everyone can enjoy it without sacrificing taste.
So why not mix things up with my Smoky Chipotle Hummus Recipe? It’s quick, easy and delicious!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Listen up, foodies! I have a recipe that will change the way you view hummus. Picture this: smoky, spicy, and creamy hummus, infused with the rich flavors of chipotle pepper and fresh cilantro. Can you imagine how tantalizing that would taste? This Smoky Chipotle Hummus recipe is so much more than your average hummus.
What sets this hummus apart is the combination of fresh ingredients like garlic and sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, along with canned garbanzo beans. It’s also spiked with lemon juice, tahini (sesame seed paste), and lightly seasoned with ground cumin, salt, and fresh ground black pepper.
But you know what makes it even better? The smoky chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. These little guys haven’t just enhanced the flavor; they have transformed it entirely! The resulting dish is a mouthwatering spread, dip or topping that you won’t be able to resist.
This recipe is not only incredibly delicious but also easy to make; all you need is a food processor, and seven basic ingredients at hand. I’m telling you now; as soon as you make it once, it will quickly become a staple in your recipe arsenal.
Serve it at your next gathering to surprise your guests with something unique yet familiar. Pair it with vegetables or some bagel chips; spread on toast for an exciting breakfast option or use it as a sandwich base for lunch or dinner. You can genuinely put this smoky chipotle hummus on just about anything.
So what are you waiting for? Give this hummus recipe from Chef Ehud a try – I promise you won’t regret it!
Let’s start with the ingredients that will make our mouth-watering smoky chipotle hummus.
Here is what you will need:
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup tahini sesame seed paste
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp. sauce from the can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
Make sure to get fresh cilantro as well, since it adds a great aroma and flavor to our smoky chipotle hummus. Other essential ingredients include sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil and fresh lemon juice that provide the perfect amount of acidity. Tahini, which is made from sesame seeds, adds a nutty flavor and creamy texture to our recipe. Lastly, we have dry spices such as cumin that brings smokiness and depth of flavor to our dish.
The Recipe How-To
Step 1: Prepping the Ingredients
Before we start with the recipe, we need to ensure that all our ingredients are ready. Drain and rinse two cans of garbanzo beans or chickpeas in a colander. Set aside. Mince three cloves of garlic and set aside, too.
Step 2: Blend the Ingredients Using a Food Processor
Once you have your ingredients prepared, it’s time to use a food processor. Put the garbanzo beans, 1/4 cup tahini sesame seed paste, 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, 3 cloves garlic, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper to a food processor. Mix.
Step 3: Achieve Smooth Consistency
Make sure to scrape down the sides of your food processor often so that everything gets evenly mixed! While your food processor is running, slowly pour in 1/2 cup water until you achieve a smooth consistency in your mixture.
Step 4: Taste and Adjust Seasoning
Taste the mixture for seasoning and adjust as needed to achieve desired taste. Add more lemon juice, olive oil or salt and pepper as necessary.
Step 5: Serve
Transfer your smoky chipotle hummus to a bowl, drizzle some additional olive oil on top and sprinkle some chopped fresh cilantro for added flavor. Serve with pita bread, vegetables, chips or other snack food.
Enjoy this hummus recipe that everyone will love!
Substitutions and Variations
There are several ways to customize this smoky chipotle hummus recipe to suit your taste preferences. Here are a few suggestions:
– If you’re not a fan of chipotle peppers, you can substitute them with other hot peppers or spices such as paprika, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes or harissa for a different kick. You can also adjust the amount of chipotle peppers to make the hummus less spicy or more smoky.
– For a creamier consistency, replace some of the water with extra-virgin olive oil or Greek yogurt. This will give the hummus a richer flavor and texture.
– If you don’t have tahini on hand, you can use peanut butter, almond butter, or sunflower seed butter as an alternative. Keep in mind that this will change the flavor profile of your hummus.
– If you want to add some extra nutrition and flavor to your smoky chipotle hummus, try adding some roasted sweet potato, pumpkin or butternut squash. You can also use avocado instead of garbanzo beans as a base for creamy avocado-chipotle dip.
– Feel free to experiment with different toppings like roasted red pepper strips, sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil or fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley. Garnish your hummus with toasted sesame seeds, green onions or olive oil drizzle for an extra pop of flavor.
By adapting these variations and choosing the ingredients that best suit your taste buds, you can elevate this classic recipe into a bold and flavorful homemade snack that’s sure to satisfy.
Serving and Pairing
Serving and pairing are two essential factors when it comes to enjoying your delicious smoky chipotle hummus recipe. You can be creative with the presentation of your hummus by placing it on a platter garnished with some fresh cilantro, sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, and sesame seeds. You could also serve it in a bowl with a sprinkle of fresh ground black pepper, salt, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Pairing your hummus with complementary foods can enhance the flavors and make the experience even more enjoyable. Serve this smoky chipotle hummus with an array of vegetables like sliced cucumbers, carrots, or celery sticks. It is excellent as a dip for pita chips, tortilla chips, or crispy bagel chips.
You can also elevate the spiciness level by pairing it with chipotle pumpkin or carrot hummus. The flavors will complement each other perfectly, and you can enjoy your snack or meal to its fullest.
This hummus recipe is versatile and healthy, making it an excellent choice in any season. Whether you’re hosting a party or looking for a quick snack, the smoky chipotle hummus recipe is easy to make and will always please everyone’s taste buds.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
As a busy chef, I love recipes that can be made ahead of time and stored for later use. This smoky chipotle hummus recipe is the perfect example of a dish that can be prepared in advance and used as a quick and healthy snack throughout the week.
To make this hummus in advance, simply follow the recipe how-to and store it in an airtight container or jar in the refrigerator. It can be stored for up to 5-7 days, ensuring you’ll always have a tasty and nutritious snack on hand.
If you want to reheat the hummus, simply transfer it to a microwave-safe bowl and heat it up for 30 seconds on high. Alternatively, you could pour the hummus into a small saucepan and heat it over low heat until warmed through.
One of the best parts about this smoky chipotle hummus recipe is its versatility. It can be used as a dip for veggies or chips, spread onto sandwiches or bagels, or even used as a topping for salads. So go ahead and make a batch – this healthy and delicious dish is sure to become a staple in your kitchen!
Tips for Perfect Results
To achieve the best results for my smoky chipotle hummus recipe, here are some helpful tips:
1. Use fresh and high-quality ingredients: Fresh garbanzo beans, chipotle pepper, olive oil, tahini, and lemons are essential for this recipe’s success. The fresher the ingredients, the better the flavor.
2. Add liquid gradually: When you blend the hummus in a food processor, add water slowly until the desired consistency is achieved. This step is crucial to avoid making the hummus too watery.
3. Adjust seasonings to taste: The flavor of hummus can be adjusted to suit your preferences. If you want it spicier, add more chipotle pepper or adobo sauce. For a tangier dip, add more lemon juice.
4. Toast sesame seeds: For a nuttier flavor profile and crunchy texture, toast sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat until they turn golden brown.
5. Let hummus sit before serving: To allow flavors to meld, let hummus chill in the fridge for at least half an hour before serving.
6. Serve with creative toppings: Add chopped fresh cilantro, sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, or extra-virgin olive oil as toppings to enhance the flavor and appearance of your hummus.
By following these tips, you’ll make outstanding smoky chipotle hummus that will impress your guests and satisfy your cravings.
In conclusion, this smoky chipotle hummus recipe is the perfect choice for anyone looking for a healthy and flavorful snack. It’s easy to make with simple ingredients and can be adjusted to your preference by adding more or less spice. This recipe has been tried and tested, and it is one of the most delicious hummus recipes out there.
Whether you’re just snacking at home or having a party, this smoky chipotle hummus dip is sure to impress everyone who tries it. The smoky, spicy flavor pairs perfectly with carrot sticks, pita bread, bagel chips, or even as a topping for garlic bagels. The possibilities are endless!
So next time you’re in the mood for some delicious hummus, give this recipe a try—you won’t be disappointed!
Smoky Chipotle Hummus Recipe
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained (chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 whole chipotle pepper, from canned chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- warm pita bread (store bought or home made) or pita chips (store bought or home made)
- In a food processor, blend garbanzo beans and next 7 ingredients in processor until smooth.
- Add red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, cilantro, salt and pepper. Pulse process, using on/off turns, until coarsely chopped.
- Transfer hummus to medium bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Bring to room temperature before serving. Accompany with warm pita or pita chips. Can be made 2 days ahead.allows flavors to develop!